Sausages4Ever

a blog dedicated to sausages. thats it!

Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

clifton sausage restaurant review

received in the (e)mail today!:

"Ambrose,

I thought I might as well give you a little review of the Clifton
Sausage Bar and Restaurant since you did recommend it to me. Read it,
enjoy it, and perhaps add it to your sausage blog if required.

The experience began on Sunday morning. I required a Sunday lunch
food serving establishment that was good enough to take my girlfriend's
parents to. We decided to experiment with the Clifton Sausage Bar and
Restaurant (Clifton Village, Bristol), as recommended by sausage lover
Ambrose, and that had been previously avoided on the grounds of it not
being particularly vegetarian friendly.

Booking is most certainly advisable - and it turns out it is
vegetarian friendly.

The Sunday menu is pretty big, starters, traditional mains (e.g. rib
eye beef and yorkshires), speciality sausages with a choice of mash or
champ, and a selection of deserts.

It is a fixed price menu £11.50 for 2 courses and a bit more for 3.

I went for the smoked salmon salad with horse radish (mmmmmmm), Clare
went for the parsnip soup which was very tasty also.

For mains I had to sample "the Clifton", pork, wholegrain mustard and
cider, accompanied by champ. Very very tasty indeed. Three big
sausages on a bed of champ with onion gravy.

Clare had the leek and cheese sausage option which apparently was
most satisfying.

Going back next Sunday, may try the pork chilli and coriander option.

All in all a very pleasant venue, delicious food, good choice,
reasonably priced for the quality and area of Bristol I guess, good service,
tasty accompanying cider, worth booking on Sundays.

Thanks for the tip.

Rob


Well, thanks so much Rob! a great review, now I need some sort of excuse to go to Bristol and try this place out. I wonder what Rob's cryptic remark about "the area of Bristol" means....maybe everywhere else in Clifton is very overpriced. I will shamefacedly admit that I just had to google "Champ", it appears to be a sort of leek mash.

I previously linked to the Clifton Sausage Restaurant, or posted about it, but I've lost it....(and thanks to Jack for the original heads-up!)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   March 2005   May 2005   July 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com